- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Basic Life Support
Those who require CPR/BLS training to prepare them to recognise and manage a breathing or circulation emergency until the arrival of a person holding a First Aid accreditation.
To give participants competence in performing CPR and associated basic life-supporting skills.
On completion of the module participants should be able to:
- respond to an emergency and manage an unconscious victim whilst being aware of communicable disease risks
- recognise and manage a non-breathing victim
- competently use a resuscitation face mask for Rescue Breathing
- competently use an AED as part of CPR/BLS
Use of various instructional techniques supported by resuscitation training manikins and other course aids in a training course with 60% practical and 40% theoretical components.
Participants who demonstrate competence in CPR/BLS will receive a Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency ‘Perform CPR’, valid for one year.
All CPR course material is consistent with current Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and standards.