Course Date & Location:
Those who require anaphylaxis and EpiPen® first aid training to prepare them to recognise and manage a serious anaphylaxis emergency until the arrival of an ambulance.
To develop the competencies associated with Anaphylaxis First Aid.
On successful completion of the one-hour course, participants will be able to:
- outline the triggers for an anaphylactic reaction
- recognise the symptoms and signs and severity of an anaphylactic reaction
- outline the physiological changes which occur during anaphylaxis
- demonstrate the ability to assess an anaphylactic reaction and arrange for emergency assistance
- outline the management of a victim of an anaphylactic reaction
- demonstrate the safe and effective use of an EpiPen® to relieve an anaphylactic reaction
- respond to and manage the victim of an anaphylactic reaction with competent first aid including use of an EpiPen®
The use of various instructional techniques supported by audiovisual aids including practice with an Epipen®.
Competency based with practical and theoretical assessments.
Participants who demonstrate competence in the required practical components will receive an Anaphylaxis First Aid certificate.
The course complies with the Guidelines of the Australian Resuscitation Council & of the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA).